Students selected to be a First Scholar must:
- Agree to attend New Student Orientation on one of two selected dates (provided after the selection process);
- Reside in the First Scholars Living Learning Community during your Freshman Year
- Agree to enroll in the section of UCOL 101U designated for First Scholars® scholarship recipients during the fall 2015 semester;
- Participate in service projects and agreed upon campus activities/workshops;
- Agree to attend designated meetings with the First ScholarsProgram Coordinator;
- Participate in the peer mentoring program;
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA;
- Transition to a leadership role within the program as an upperclassman.
For more information contact the Program Coordinator, Cristina Castillo, at 618-453-1843 or First2Go@siu.edu.