First Scholars® at SIU Frequently Asked Questions
How long has the scholarship been available?
- The scholarship was launched Fall 2011.
When is the deadline?
- The SIU First Scholars Program will not be taking applications for the next academic year.
What does the scholarship offer?
- 20 students will be selected to participate in a comprehensive support program including academic, social, personal development and financial awards of $5,000 each, half disbursed in the fall semester and half disbursed in the spring semester. First Scholars can receive the award for a total of 4 years if program requirements are met.
What do I need to do to maintain the scholarship?
- Remain in good academic standing by maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Participate fully in developing and implementing an individual strategic plan
- Participate in First Scholar activities and programming
- File a FAFSA form each year
For more information contact the Program Coordinator, Cristina Castillo, at 618-453-1843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.